SpiderLath - The Easy to Handle & Long Lasting Alternative to Metal Lath for Oklahoma
SpiderLath is a superior fiberglass lath system for use in stucco, plaster, tile, countertops, shower enclosures, natural stone veneers, brick, manufactured stone, concrete overlays, concrete stairs and other masonry systems.
SpiderLath can be used over existing surfaces to apply masonry finished as is fully encapsulated in the mortar bed creating a fiberglass reinforced scratch coat. According to specialists, central ventilation and filtration effectively eliminate airborne pollutants and excess humidity, thereby protecting your family’s health and the structure of your house.
SpiderLath was created by masons to meet and exceed all ASTM 1063C code requirement for lathing. The Lath is made from fiberglass, eliminating corrosion and protecting your customer's investment for a guaranteed 50 years! Unlike traditional metal lath, SpiderLath bonds with cementitious material, increasing the strength of masonry material 6 times over. SpiderLath ensures the best possible installation of stucco, stone veneer, floor overlays, vertical carvings, sculptures and so much more.
The SpiderLath Advantage
SpiderLath is designed to be a replacement alternative for metal lath in conjunction with the following products: Manufactured stone veneer; one and three coat stucco; natural stone thin veneer, concrete countertops; plaster; and tile.
SpiderLath offers corrosion free material designed to last the life of the material being applied to it. It is made of AR fiberglass, a known material compatible with cementitious materials. It uses a twisted weave to aid in keying the mortar.
SpiderLath adds tensile and flexural strength to the cementitious material providing a stronger bond. Versatile and strong enough to use with heavy weight products such as three coat stucco and natural stone veneer.
Features and Benefits of the SpiderLath Strip System:
- Self Furring Standoffs – Holds SpiderLath off the wall, allowing mortar to fully encapsulate the mesh. This creates a fiberglass reinforced scratch coat, providing optimal strength and flexibility. SpiderLath gives you a better wall and less cracking.
- Nailing Guide – Eliminates random fastening by following our code approved installation guidelines
- Gasket Sealer – Seals around fastener hole, preventing water penetration to the substrate, thus eliminating dry rot and mold.
- Shock Absorber – Reduces the blow of the fastener, eliminating damage to the glass fibers
Features and Benefits of the SpiderLath mesh:
- Reduced Labor Costs – SpiderLath can be installed in about ½ the time that it takes to install metal lath.
- Corrosion Free – will not rust or corrode. SpiderLath is made from molten fiberglass and coated with Zirconium Dioxide to make it alkali resistant.
- Easy to spread mortar on – SpiderLath uses a twisted weave and has a smooth, stiff coating.
- Easy to transport – Weighs only 20 lbs per 300 sq.ft. roll. This is equivalent to 18 sheets of 2.5 metal lath, which would weigh about 90 lbs.
- Easy to use – cuts with scissors or a knife. Lath scratches and cuts are eliminated.
- Stronger Wall – encapsulating SpiderLath with cementitious material gives you a fiberglass reinforced coating that is strong and flexible.
- Versatile – can be installed horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Strong enough to use with heavy weight products such as 3 coat stucco and natural stone veneer.